Artisan Bread Baker
Erewhon Organic Market and Cafes strive to sell only the purest, ethically and sustainably produced foods, wellness and beauty items, and household goods.
We support local organic farmers and growers; we partner with suppliers who share our concerns, values, and help build our communities by listening and learning together. We recycle, reuse and minimize waste as much as possible, and act in ways that protect the resources of our planet.
We are building a team of passionate, committed individuals who each play a vital role in making Erewhon a special place. If you are looking for a CAREER and want to be part of something bigger, we'd love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
- Negotiable based on your experience ($15 - 18 per hour).
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401K plan with 3% match for full time employees, to include 50% off one meal per day and a 20% discount to all of our store locations for all employees.
What You Will Do:
- Be able to bake products from scratch, following carefully crafted recipes.
- Measuring and combining ingredients and using mixers, blenders, heat sources, and other equipment to make artisan breads.
- Knowledge of starters, naturally leavened breads, hand shaping and utilization of deck oven.
- Ensure the highest quality of product is produced at all times and in a timely manner.
- Testing ingredients and finished goods to ensure that each item meets food safety and quality controls.
- Manage bakery production, maintaining cleanliness and appropriate inventory levels.
- Forecast and adjust production level as needed, or as directed by Director.
- Additional duties as assigned by Director.
What You Will Bring:
- At least 1 years of experience as an Artisan Bread Baker.
- Artisan hand shaping and knowledge to utilize deck ovens.
- Self starter with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strength to lift up to 50 pounds plus bending and twisting.
- Familiarity with GPS devices or map apps.
Erewhon Markets is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.