Barista - Coffee and Smoothies
Erewhon Organic Market and Cafes strive to sell only the purest, ethically and sustainably produced foods, wellness and beauty items, and household goods.
We support local organic farmers and growers; we partner with suppliers who share our concerns, values, and help build our communities by listening and learning together. We recycle, reuse and minimize waste as much as possible, and act in ways that protect the resources of our planet.
We are building a team of passionate, committed individuals who each play a vital role in making Erewhon a special place. If you are looking for a CAREER and want to be part of something bigger, we'd love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
- Negotiable based on your experience ($15 - $18 per hour).
- We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401K plan with 3% match for full time employees, to include 50% off one meal per day and a 20% discount to all of our store locations for all employees.
What You Will Do:
- Prepare all coffee, espresso, tonics, juice bar drinks ordered while maintaining high productivity levels.
- Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
- Maintain back stock in good order.
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment.
- Assist with the sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean, and appealing.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Must be open to train at other Erewhon locations, if necessary.
What You Will Bring:
- At least 1 year of experience as a barista or work in a juice bar environment.
- Maintain Food Handler's Certification.
- Great communication skills and work ethic.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a confined space
Erewhon Markets is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.