Barista Assistant Manager
Free Employee Parking is Available!
We Are Growing! This Role May Result In Appointment To New Location!
Erewhon Organic Market and Cafes strive to sell only the purest, ethically and sustainably produced foods, wellness and beauty items, and household goods.
We support local organic farmers and growers; we partner with suppliers who share our concerns, values, and help build our communities by listening and learning together. We recycle, reuse and minimize waste as much as possible, and act in ways that protect the resources of our planet.
We are building a team of passionate, committed individuals who each play a vital role in making Erewhon a special place. If you are looking for a CAREER and want to be part of something bigger, we'd love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
- Negotiable based on your experience - $18 - $20 per hour
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401K plan with 3% match for full time employees, to include 50% off one meal per day and a 20% discount to all of our store locations for all employees.
What You Will Do:
- Prepare all coffee, espresso, tonics, juice bar drinks ordered while maintaining high productivity levels.
- Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Assist the manager in making sure your store operates at a high level.
- Take ownership while managing location.
- Evaluate employee performance and help coach to improve, learn, and maintain up-to-date product knowledge.
- Keep a clean, neat, and organized work station.
- Assist with hiring, training, supervision, and development of team.
- Ensure every customer has a positive experience.
- Will have overall responsibility for all aspects of store operations, including inventory-related processes, merchandise adjustments, and pricing/promo compliance.
- Administer communication between management and corporate.
- Train at other Erewhon locations, if necessary.
What You Will Bring:
- At least 2-3 years of experience as a barista or work in a juice bar environment.
- 1-2 years of management experience.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Maintain Food Handler's Certification.
- Great communication skills and work ethic.
- Ability to direct the work of others.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
Erewhon Markets is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.