Erewhon Organic Market and Cafes strive to sell only the purest, ethically and sustainably produced foods, wellness and beauty items, and household goods.
We support local organic farmers and growers; we partner with suppliers who share our concerns, values, and help build our communities by listening and learning together. We recycle, reuse and minimize waste as much as possible, and act in ways that protect the resources of our planet.
We are building a team of passionate, committed individuals who each play a vital role in making Erewhon a special place. If you are looking for a CAREER and want to be part of something bigger, we'd love to hear from you.
We are currently hiring for all positions pertaining to the Maintenance Department including: Clerks, Shift Leads, and Managers. Shift leads and Managers should have experience in management of janitorial team.
What We Offer:
- Negotiable based on your experience ($16 - $19 per hour).
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401K plan with 3% match for full time employees, to include 50% off one meal per day and a 20% discount to all of our store locations for all employees.
What You Will Do:
- Clean and supply designated building areas (dusting, sweeping, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning, etc.).
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities.
- Pick up trash from all locations in the store throughout the day and as needed.
- Check parking lot to remove shopping carts and empty trash.
- Break down boxes and stack for recycling.
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects.
- Power wash sidewalk and outside of building.
- Wipe down tables on outside of building.
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs.
- Make adjustments and minor repairs.
- Follow employees guidelines for attendance, dress code and rules and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Stock and maintain supply rooms.
- Additional duties as assigned by Manager.
What You Will Bring:
- At least 1 year of previous experience in maintenance and sanitation of building required.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to consistently lift 35 - 50 lbs, unaided.
Erewhon Markets is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.