Erewhon Organic Market and Cafes strive to sell only the purest, ethically and sustainably produced foods, wellness and beauty items, and household goods.
We support local organic farmers and growers; we partner with suppliers who share our concerns, values, and help build our communities by listening and learning together. We recycle, reuse and minimize waste as much as possible, and act in ways that protect the resources of our planet.
We are building a team of passionate, committed individuals who each play a vital role in making Erewhon a special place. If you are looking for a CAREER and want to be part of something bigger, we'd love to hear from you.
This position consists of our candidates possessing Lead Cashier management experience!
The Lead Cashier is responsible for assisting the Store Director in ensuring efficient customer sales transactions at the front registers. The Lead Cashier helps supervise various aspects of the check-out area, to include the training of all cashiers. The Lead Cashier is responsible for ensuring all cashiers are executing accurate sales transactions, assisting customers as needed, and maintain a friendly and energetic demeanor at all times.
What You Will Do:
- Works safely at all times and follows all established safety guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures all customers receive outstanding service by greeting and acknowledging every customer, inquiring if any assistance is needed, listening to the needs of customers, and maintaining excellent product knowledge.
- Maintains friendly and respectful demeanor at all times toward customers, co-workers, vendors and all others.
- Assists in overseeing the accurate and efficient operation of all cash registers; includes cash management, balancing registers, providing change, processing overrides, approving returns and exchanges and monitoring the honesty and accountability of cashiers.
- Determines work procedures, prepares break schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Controls productivity of work, supervises that break schedule is followed while keeping constant work flow.
- Ensures that cashiers are properly verifying age of any customer buying age restricted products.
- Supervises that the cashiers follow company policies regarding the Food Stamp and WIC programs (make sure the cashiers read WIC coupons as to the food types and quantities).
- Communicates customer concerns and requests to management.
- Works as a cashier and communicates the need to open lanes if volume dictates.
- Monitors new employees, and ensures that all training procedures and policies are being followed.
- Performs other duties, as requested by management - if necessary.
What We Offer:
- Pay is negotiable based on experience.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401K plan with 3% match for full time employees, to include 50% off one meal per day and a 20% discount to all of our store locations for all employees.
What You Will Bring:
- Minimum 1+ years of experience as a Lead in the Grocery industry required.
- Experience working in Grocery / Retail industry highly preferred.
- Bilingual English / Spanish preferable, but not necessary.
Erewhon Markets is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.