Wine & Beer Clerk
Free employee parking available.
Erewhon Organic Market and Cafes strive to sell only the purest, ethically and sustainably produced foods, wellness and beauty items, and household goods.
We support local organic farmers and growers; we partner with suppliers who share our concerns, values, and help build our communities by listening and learning together. We recycle, reuse and minimize waste as much as possible, and act in ways that protect the resources of our planet.
We are building a team of passionate, committed individuals who each play a vital role in making Erewhon a special place. If you are looking for a CAREER and want to be part of something bigger, we'd love to hear from you.
Description of the Sommelier & Grocery Clerk Position:
The Sommelier position is a blended position with the grocery team, thus responsibilities are to the Beer and Wine Department and Grocery. Overseeing many aspects of the Erewhon, Wine and Beer program, include and are not limited to ordering, pricing, stocking, inventory and overall organization of the retail area and back stock. Assisting the Wine Director with staff education and training, along with setting up and executing in-store tastings. Working peak Beer and Wine Sales hours is key to ensure continual growth of the department and building relationships with our local guests. The primary responsibilities on the daily are to the Beer and Wine Department but as these tasks are complete, assisting grocery, front end, and web ordering teams are compulsory.
What We Offer:
- Negotiable based on your experience ($16+ per hour).
- This is a part time position, but with great work performance there may be an opportunity to become full-time.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401K plan with 3% match for full time employees, to include 50% off one meal per day and a 20% discount to all of our store locations for all employees.
What You Will Do:
- Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes, rotating, and removing out-of-date products.
- Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
- Stock, clean and dust the wine department and grocery shelves, bulk bins, frozen and dairy case.
- Maintain back stock in good order.
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
What You Will Bring:
- Previous Sommelier, wine sales, grocery clerk or stocking experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to consistently lift 35 - 50 lbs, unaided.
Erewhon Markets is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.