Accounts Payable Clerk
Erewhon Organic Market and Cafes strive to sell only the purest, ethically and sustainably produced foods, wellness and beauty items, and household goods.
We support local organic farmers and growers; we partner with suppliers who share our concerns, values, and help build our communities by listening and learning together. We recycle, reuse and minimize waste as much as possible, and act in ways that protect the resources of our planet.
We are building a team of passionate, committed individuals who each play a vital role in making Erewhon a special place. If you are looking for a CAREER and want to be part of something bigger, we'd love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
- Pay is negotiable based on your experience (starting consideration $20 - $24 hourly).
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401K plan with 3% match for full time employees, to include 50% off one meal per day and a 20% discount to all of our store locations for all employees.
What You Will Do:
The Accounts Payable Clerk will coordinate the administrative support functions in the accounting department in support of one of our store locations and perform the following:
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Process 3 way P.O. matching invoices verifying up to 100 plus line items to ensure supplier invoice is valid.
- Flag and clarify any unusual or questionable invoice items or prices.
- Prioritize invoices according to payment terms.
- Reconcile vendor statements to correct discrepancies.
- Monitor vendor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Respond to vendor inquiries and maintaining the business relationship.
- Review all invoices for official documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Assist in month end closing and other projects as needed.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Post transactions to journals.
- Track monthly expenses.
- Importing/ Exporting csv files and invoice documents into accounting platforms.
- Reconcile bank statements and track credit card transactions.
What You'll Bring:
- 1 year's of previous experience AP Clerk experience required, preferably in the Grocery/Food Distribution industry.
- Attention to detail with analyzing information.
- Excellent communication, administrative, and time management skills with the ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Strong MS Excel required.
- Netsuite experience preferred.
- YOOZ cloud based experience preferred.
Erewhon Markets is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.