Front End Manager
Erewhon Organic Market and Cafes strive to sell only the purest, ethically and sustainably produced foods, wellness and beauty items, and household goods.
We support local organic farmers and growers; we partner with suppliers who share our concerns, values, and help build our communities by listening and learning together. We recycle, reuse and minimize waste as much as possible, and act in ways that protect the resources of our planet.
We are building a team of passionate, committed individuals who each play a vital role in making Erewhon a special place. If you are looking for a CAREER and want to be part of something bigger, we'd love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
- Pay is negotiable based on experience.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401K plan with 3% match for full time employees, to include 50% off one meal per day and a 20% discount to all of our store locations for all employees.
What You Will Do:
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints; lead by example.
- Manage and schedule Front End and Customer Service department employees, oversee their training, reward and recognize their performance and delegate their work assignments to be completed most effectively.
- Work with Store Director on hiring, evaluation and overall supervision of department personnel.
- Ensures that all opening and closing procedures are performed. Procedures include but are not limited to: auditing safe; assuring equipment is in good, working order; stocking check stand area with bags, register receipt tape, etc.; setting up individual daily schedules, setting up all audit sheets.
- Responsible for accurate counting, balancing and securing of change drawer, safe, assigned cash register and “pick-ups” & “loans” to cashier’s registers.
- Control department expenses by improving operations and efficiencies, by controlling labor costs and by reducing losses due to shrinkage and pilferage.
- Keep updated on special cashier and merchandise needs that arise for holidays, as well as market trends in Healthy / Grocery industry.
- Other related duties as assigned by Director.
What You Will Bring:
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a Front End Manager in the Grocery industry required.
- Experience working in Holistic Health Grocery / Retail industry highly preferred.
- Flexibility to work out of other Erewhon locations in Los Angeles area.
- Bilingual English / Spanish preferable, but not necessary.
Erewhon Markets is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.