Erewhon Organic Market and Cafes strive to sell only the purest, ethically and sustainably produced foods, wellness and beauty items, and household goods.
We support local organic farmers and growers; we partner with suppliers who share our concerns, values, and help build our communities by listening and learning together. We recycle, reuse and minimize waste as much as possible, and act in ways that protect the resources of our planet.
We are building a team of passionate, committed individuals who each play a vital role in making Erewhon a special place. If you are looking for a CAREER and want to be part of something bigger, we'd love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
- Based on your experience ($15 - $17 per hour).
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401K plan with 3% match for full time employees, to include 50% off one meal per day and a 20% discount to all of our store locations for all employees.
What You Will Do:
- Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist supervisors in controlling customer flow and backed up lines by reducing waiting time for customers.
- Follow proper procedures for customer check out, handling of tenders, use of tares, sales of alcoholic beverages, and use of PLUs and UPCs.
- Follow all cash handling procedures: understand, meet and exceed Erewhon cashier variance policy.
- Follow established procedures to report errors in retail pricing or signage.
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment by changing tapes as needed, sweeping floors, and completing all required logs.
- Adhere to safe work practices and ensure compliance with all applicable US regulatory rules and regulations.
What You Will Bring:
- Previous Front End Cashier experience required.
- Customer Service Focus and great work ethic.
Erewhon Market is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.