Erewhon Organic Market and Cafes strive to sell only the purest, ethically and sustainably produced foods, wellness and beauty items, and household goods.
We support local organic farmers and growers; we partner with suppliers who share our concerns, values, and help build our communities by listening and learning together. We recycle, reuse and minimize waste as much as possible, and act in ways that protect the resources of our planet.
At Erewhon we believe in training and preparing our members to be ready to give our customers a stellar experience. We are building a team of passionate, committed individuals who each play a vital role in making Erewhon a special place. If you are looking for a CAREER and want to be part of something bigger, we'd love to hear from you.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for the development and enhancement of the food product that is presented to guests. Make changes that respond to the marketplace and to guests’ needs, both present and anticipated. Recommend changes to the food product.
- Use market research to develop new products and menu concepts.
- Responsible for maintaining quality of food product and ensuring consistency in food delivery and standards.
- Responsible for the selection, training, and development of the personnel within the department; planning, assigning and directing work: appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; safety; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Review staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Ensure operational excellence for all areas by performing regular monitoring and assessment of all Food Operations specifically in regards to adherence to policies and procedures with an emphasis on food quality, presentation and customer satisfaction; safe food handling and employee health and safety.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Manage department controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms, and equipment.
- Implementing hygiene policies and examining equipment for cleanliness.
- Hiring and training kitchen staff, such as cooks, food preparation workers, and dishwashers.
- Obtaining feedback on food and service quality, and handling customer problems and complaints.
What You Will Bring:
- Requires 5+ years progressive management experience in a high volume, multi-unit food service organization with food production experience, with exposure to menu/product development, food presentation, receiving and storage of product, in-depth knowledge of current food service management practices.
- Effective personnel management, organization and development practice.
- Strong communication skills and effective interface with diverse users/groups; effective proposals and presentation development/delivery. Must have strong written/oral communication skills
- Experience must demonstrate knowledge of sanitation and equipment handling/maintenance guidelines.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
- Requires PC word processing/spreadsheet and food production systems proficiency.
- Bachelors degree in culinary or food science preferred or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must maintain appropriate certifications as needed
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay - Based on your experience.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401K plan with 3% match for full time employees, to include 50% off one meal per day and a 20% discount to all of our store locations for all employees.
Erewhon Market is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.