Cashier Shift Lead
Join the movement! Erewhon market is trailblazing in the health and wellness industry, and we’re rapidly expanding! Our culture comes from unstoppable leaders, inspiring staff, and the best food and wellness products on the planet. 10+ locations and growing.
What we offer:
- $19 - $23 / hour (based on experience)
- 50% off organic meals daily
- 20% off in-store purchases
- 401k with 3% match, Paid Vacation, Health Benefits and much more…
- Bonuses and sales rewards (for some departments)
- HUGE opportunities for career growth
This position consists of our candidates possessing Lead Cashier management experience!
The Cashier Shift Lead is responsible for assisting the Front End Manager in ensuring efficient customer sales transactions at the front registers. The Lead Cashier helps supervise various aspects of the check-out area, including helping to train new cashier hires. The Lead Cashier is responsible for ensuring all cashiers are executing accurate sales transactions, assisting customers as needed, and maintain a friendly and energetic demeanor at all times.
What You Will Do:
- Works safely at all times and follows all established safety guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures all customers receive outstanding service by greeting and acknowledging every customer, inquiring if any assistance is needed, listening to the needs of customers, and maintaining excellent product knowledge.
- Maintains friendly and respectful demeanor at all times toward customers, co-workers, vendors and all others.
- Assists in overseeing the accurate and efficient operation of all cash registers; includes cash management, balancing registers, providing change, processing overrides, approving returns and exchanges and monitoring the honesty and accountability of cashiers.
- Determines cashier work procedures, prepares break schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Controls productivity of work, supervises the cashier break schedule is followed while keeping constant work flow.
- Ensures that cashiers are properly verifying age of any customer buying age restricted products.
- Supervises that the cashiers follow company policies regarding the Food Stamp and WIC programs (make sure the cashiers read WIC coupons as to the food types and quantities).
- Communicates customer concerns and requests to management.
- Works as a cashier and communicates the need to open lanes if volume dictates.
- Monitors new employees, and ensures that all training procedures and policies are being followed.
- Performs other duties, as requested by management.
What You Will Bring:
- Minimum 1+ years of experience as a Lead in the Grocery Retail or Customer Service industry preferred.
- Bilingual English / Spanish preferable, but not necessary.
Erewhon has many opportunities for career development and growth as we expand across Southern California with seven current stores (Calabasas, Fairfax, Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica, Silver Lake, Studio City, and Venice) and three more NEW locations opening soon (Beverly Hills, Culver City, Pasadena).
Erewhon Markets is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.