Join the movement! Erewhon market is trailblazing in the health and wellness industry, and we’re rapidly expanding! Our culture comes from unstoppable leaders, inspiring staff, and the best food and wellness products on the planet. 10+ locations and growing.
What we offer:
- $80000 - $100000 / year (based on experience)
- 50% off organic meals daily
- 20% off in-store purchases
- 401k with 3% match, Paid Vacation, Health Benefits and much more…
- Bonuses and sales rewards (for some departments)
- HUGE opportunities for career growth
What You Will Do:
- The Culinary Manager will oversee the kitchen and café operations of the Erewhon store at hand. They will work in tandem with the Café Manager to ensure that the overall operations achieve the highest possible level of food quality and operating profitability.
- Responsible for overseeing the overall Culinary Food Service Operations for the store in compliance with Erewhon’s mission and vision.
- Overseeing Culinary operations including, but not limited to: scheduling, inventory, catering orders, ordering, signage and management of food offerings.
- Grow and drive financial success of the Café by monitoring top lines sales, food cost and managing labor based on business needs.
- Inspire and lead Culinary Team by educating them on company standard operating procedures, seasonal menus & items being provided.
- Working closely with Cafe Manager on daily operations, food offerings and staffing.
- Adheres to the Health Department’s food and safety measures, ensuring that the café is setup for success during routine site visits.
- Maintains clear communication with Executive Culinary & Commissary Teams on a daily basis.
- Scheduling kitchen employees in conjunction with business forecasts and predetermined budget.
- Controlling food cost in accordance with budget and by establishing purchasing specifications, storeroom requisition systems, product storage requirements and waste control procedures.
- Reviewing and directing monthly inventory process at month end.
- Developing guidelines and standards for sanitation, hygiene, and avoidance of food-borne diseases including training kitchen staff in sanitation practices and establishing cleaning schedules, stock rotation schedules, refrigeration temperature control points, and other sanitary control.
- Interviewing, hiring, evaluating, rewarding and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
- Developing staffing models for store tied into volume and ensuring that the staff operates at those levels.
- Ensuring that the Culinary Assistant Manager develops to their maximum potential. Reviewing performance of the Culinary Assistant Manager and other food-function managers.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
What You Will Bring:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in overall operations of the kitchen and 2 years in a management role.
- Two years school food service experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills required.
- Candidate must be an analytical thinker, great with numbers and able to make quick decisions and adjust to consistent change in daily routine well.
- Candidate must be a forward and proactive thinker able see when changes are required and make them happen in a timeless and seamless manner.
- Food Handler’s Manager Certificate.
- Applicants with proof of knowledge/skills proficiency of job requirements (i.e. Indeed proficiency test results, writing/reading comprehension, math proficiency, etc.) are highly preferred. Please submit your test results when applying, or provide a link to access your results on your resume/cover letter.
Erewhon has many opportunities for career development and growth as we expand across Southern California with seven current stores (Calabasas, Fairfax, Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica, Silver Lake, Studio City, and Venice) and three more NEW locations opening soon (Beverly Hills, Culver City, Pasadena).
Erewhon Markets is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.