Culinary Assistant Manager
Join the movement! Erewhon market is trailblazing in the health and wellness industry, and we’re rapidly expanding! Our culture comes from unstoppable leaders, inspiring staff, and the best food and wellness products on the planet. 10+ locations and growing.
What we offer:
- $28 - $35 / hour (based on experience)
- 50% off organic meals daily
- 20% off in-store purchases
- Bonuses and sales rewards (for some departments)
- HUGE opportunities for career growth
- 401k with 3% match, Paid Vacation, Health Benefits and much more…
What You Will Do:
- The Culinary Assistant Manager will oversee the kitchen operations of the Erewhon store at hand. They will work in tandem with the Culinary Manager to ensure that the overall operations are followed to ensure quality and profitability.
- Full understanding and knowledge of the Erewhon brand and overall Café menu.
- Responsible for assisting Culinary Manager in overall Culinary operations including inventory control, purchasing, scheduling and managing the Culinary Team.
- Assists in overseeing a smooth operation of the assigned shift or store hours by monitoring all stations for correct setup/schematic and replenishment of food items.
- Assists in developing the Culinary Team by training, leading and participating in selection, hiring and promotion of potential cooks, dishwashers and other back of the house positions.
- Performs daily pre-shift with Culinary Team to ensure cohesiveness, alignment and clear communication regarding the operations for the day (i.e. catering, postmates, etc.)
- Supervises Culinary Team in order to maintain all standard operating procedures, quality of food and efficiency are being adhered to.
- Inspect cleanliness of kitchen, prep kitchen and dishwashing area to comply with the high standards of the Health Department.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining pars for all day goods.
- Assists in monthly inventory management.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
What You Will Bring:
- Minimum of 3-4 years Culinary/Kitchen experience and 2 years of experience in a management role.
- Two years of school food service experience is preferred.
- Must exude strong leadership and computer skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with the Culinary and management Team.
- Food Handlers Supervisor Certificate required.
- All other duties assigned by Management
Erewhon has many opportunities for career development and growth as we expand across Southern California with seven current stores (Calabasas, Fairfax, Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica, Silver Lake, Studio City, and Venice) and three more NEW locations opening soon (Beverly Hills, Culver City, Pasadena).
Erewhon Market is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes