Culinary Line Cook
Join the movement! Erewhon market is trailblazing in the health and wellness industry, and we’re rapidly expanding! Our culture comes from unstoppable leaders, inspiring staff, and the best food and wellness products on the planet. 10+ locations and growing.
What we offer:
- $20 - $26 / hour (based on experience)
- 50% off organic meals daily
- 20% off in-store purchases
- 401k with 4% match, Paid Vacation, Health Benefits and much more…
- Bonuses and sales rewards (for some departments)
- HUGE opportunities for career growth
What You Will Do:
- The Line Cook is the heart of the Culinary operations and allows the kitchen to run smoothly. You will work closely with the Culinary Team and support the overall café operations.
- Full understanding and knowledge of the Erewhon brand and overall Café menu.
- Assisting in preparing and cooking various food offered by the Erewhon Cafe, in compliance with quality standards and portions.
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed by Culinary Manager.
- Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties in accordance with company checklists and procedures.
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitized work area, equipment & coolers.
- Assists Culinary Team with incoming received orders and stores accordingly.
- Ability to operate basic kitchen equipment.
- Responsible for following proper knife safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
What You Will Bring:
- Minimum of 6-12 months Culinary/Kitchen experience.
- Ability to clearly communicate with Team members.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift 30lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must be flexible to work nights and weekends based on business needs.
- Must be 18 years of age or provide proof of work permit.
- Food Handler Certification (Basic Food Safety) required
Erewhon has many opportunities for career development and growth as we expand across Southern California with nine current stores and a NEW location opening soon. This role is for our Palisades location near Santa Monica, Venice, Marina Del Rey, Mar Vista, Playa Vista, Encino, Tarzana, Topanga and Woodland Hills.
Erewhon Market is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.